The Dothack Network Facebook group page had initiated a Saturday gathering of fan art, drawings, sketches, cosplay, all forms of artistic works for and related to the dothack franchise. You can submit your own works or share other works while crediting the artist on our Facebook group page every Saturday.
For those unaware, Apkallu was the name for the art board seen in the .hack//G.U. Playstation 2 video game. We also have a Apkallu channel on our discord server. https://discord.gg/YkRJjQF
#dothack #dothackers #dothackgames #dothackanime #dothacksign #dothackinfection #dothackroots #dothackgu #dothacklink #cyberconnect2 #cc2 #BandaiNamco #apkallu
On Friday's we celebrate the revival of the .hack//fragment servers by the community by logging in, joining a server, and grind for experience with your fellow dothackers on Dothack Network. To do so, you will require PCSX2 v1.5.x or better, a PS2 emulator for the PC, and a patched ISO of the Japanese PAL disc for .hack//fragment for the Sony PlayStation 2. Here's a setup guide you watch on YouTube
We meet on Friday's from 4pm PST, 7pm EST. For help and support, be sure to ask in our #fragment-ps2 channel on our Discord server https://discord.gg/YkRJjQF if you require assistance, or wish to host your own fragment server.
For a full list of details be sure to read this article on how to get started.
#dothack #dothackers #dothackgames #cyberconnect2 #theworld #dothackfragment #dothackinfection #bandainamco #cc2
On Thursday's we join our fellow dothackers here on this Discord in the #roleplay channels to go on adventure. Depending on your experience or interests of which version's of CC Corporation's "The World" you wish to play, you will notice that each #roleplay channel (#roleplay-r1 #roleplay-r2 #roleplay-rx) ends in R1, R2, and RX. These represent which The World you will be roleplaying in. The World R1 is earliest of the incarnations featuring 6 classes, rideable grunties, 5 root towns. The World R:2, the best known incarnation of the series boasts 11 classes, guild management grunties, 4 root towns. And The World R:X is an expansion of what we know in R2. The roleplay's run all day, so if you are a role-playing veteran or wish to try for the first time, join in with your fellow dothackers.
#dothack #dothackers #dothackgames #dothackgu #cyberconnect2 #theworld #dothackinfection #dothacklink
On Wednesday's we immerse ourselves in a VR chat service that allows us to emulate what it would be like playing in The World R1 and The World R2 thanks to the platform VRChat (downloadable at http://www.vrchat.net and on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/438100/VRChat) and thanks to CasuallyNoted for rigging and applying the textures from the PS2 games into a space on the VRChat service. After you've installed the platform of either choice, you will need to join the server by clicking on the Chaos Gate of your choosing at http://www.twvrc.com. We meet on Thursday's from 4pm PST, 7pm EST. Learn more by joining #theworld-vrchat on our Discord server https://discord.gg/YkRJjQF
#dothack #dothackers #dothackgames #dothackgu #cyberconnect2 #theworld #vrchat #vr #game #online #steam
On Tuesday's right here in this Discord server, our friend the Haseo [bot] in the #trivia channel will deal out questions in which you may answer correctly to receive a point. The questions are .hack based from any source material old and current. There is a multitude of difficulty from simple to extremely hard. The event usually runs from 4pm PST, 7pm EST and for the remainder of the day. Spelling counts, caps do not. Win 3 rounds in a row against other players and be inducted to the Elite-Dothacker group. Learn more on our Discord server https://discord.gg/YkRJjQF
#dothack #dothackers #dothackgames #dothackgu #cyberconnect2 #theworld #game #event #knowledge #dothackinfection #dothacksign
On Monday's we gather on a free-to-play modded Minecraft server hosted by AzureZhen. This server does NOT require a paid Minecraft. All you need to do is setup a forum account on cyberconnects2.com to use as a login. Then download the game's launcher.
Install the launcher, load the program after installation, use your forum username as your login, the game will download the patch files and you will be able to play. We gather every Monday at 4pm PST; 7pm EST. Get real time support in #minecraft-theworld on our Discord server https://discord.gg/YkRJjQF
#dothack #dothackers #dothackgames #dothackgu #cyberconnect2 #theworld
Hello CC2 family, Andrew here again with another awesome cosplayer for our Super Fan Friday! Check it out! ?
Name: Kira Chi
Cosplay Name: Kira Chi Cosplay
Occupation: Makeup Artist and Hair Dresser
Hobbies: Cosplay, gaming, World Of Warcraft, Magic the Gathering, sewing, makeup, sketching, singing.
Dislikes: People who have any sort of elitist complex
Anime- Sailor Moon and JoJos Bizarre Adventure
Cartoon- Winx Club
Favorite game of all time: NieR/ Drakengard Franchise
Favorite CC2 game of all time and why: .hack// the original 4 part series! It was the first game I have ever played on my PS2 and I became so addicted to the story that was so ahead of its times and unique! I adored the characters and the gameplay that I hadn't experienced before.
Best CC2 game memory: Riding Gruntys for the first time!! I SPENT HOURS farming different food to feed my gruntys to get all the different breeds!! It was an obsession XD
Hidden Talents: I'm really good at finding shoes to paint for cosplay. Even shoes that you wouldn't normally think would be used for a character I have added fabric too, added embellishments, painted and turned into the characters' shoes.
Picture explanation: The pictures are of my Shino (.hack// Roots/ GU) and my Black Rose ( .Hack// Original) which was actually my first ever attempt at armor!
Dream/Aspiration in the future: honestly I would love to cosplay as a second job! But I would be very happy to continue to have cosplay as a hobby and continue to do hair and makeup~ I hope to continue to do all the things I love.
Links to my social media pages
Don't forget to leave a comment and let Kira know what you think, also be sure to check out her social media and I'll see everyone the same time next week!
Thank god its Super Fan Friday! Andrew here with another awesome cosplayer for you. Don't forget to show some love for Matthew and leave a comment to let us know what you think and to ask him any questions you may have!
Name: Matthew Lewis
Country: California, USA
Occupation: Computer Science Tutor
Hobbies: Cosplay, Dance, Video Games, Art
Favorite anime/cartoon/movie: Wolf Children is one of my favorite films.
Favorite game of all time: .hack//G.U.
Favorite CC2 game of all time and why: Again the .hack//G.U. Franchise. I was introduced to the games in high school and fell in love. Almost all the things I do now from cosplay to art to gaming is built from my love of the series!
Best CC2 game memory: The best memory I have was beating the original Volume 3 of .hack//G.U. I stayed up all night till 2 in the morning fighting Cubia but needed to sleep. So I paused the game, went to bed, woke up at 6 AM and finished the fight before heading to class.
Hidden Talents: I'd say I'm a great singer
Picture explanation: The pictures above are of my costume of Xth form Kite from .hack//LINK. I still don't know much japanese but I was able to beat the game on PSP when it launched and I fell in love with the franchise again.
Dream/Aspiration in the future: I wanna work with companies to create any form of media that people can enjoy, whether that's video games, cartoons, comics, etc. Helping spread that type of joy around is worth whatever work I gotta do to get there
CC2 screened the .hack//G.U. TRILOGY movie recently for fans. Many members from CC2 were present, including president Matsuyama Hiroshi, Niizato Hiroto, and Isobe Takayuki as MCs during the film.
We heard several interesting anecdotes about the production of the film as well as some additional details that have remained undisclosed until now.
Here are a couple notes from the event:
Matsuyama Hiroshi never had a computer growing up, so when he first started CC2, he didn’t know how to use one. He didn’t know how to type and just used the “hunt and peck” technique with both index fingers.
He didn’t understand how the “copy and paste” function worked, either. He somehow thought that if he hit Cntl+C on one computer, walked over to another computer and hit Cntl+V, it would spit out what he had coppied but… alas. lol
Back in the day, when computer mice didn’t have a trackball to easily scroll down a webpage, he didn’t know how to scroll down since the mouse would quickly reach the end of his desk… so he tried extending the desk with his arm to continue scrolling down.
Hosokawa Seiichiro is apparently a larger-built guy with a very quiet voice. He doesn’t do well in social situations. During CC2’s 20th anniversary staff party in Tokyo, everyone from the main Fukuoka headquarters were given airfare and lodgings to come to Tokyo… but Hosokawa never came. When Matsuyama asked what happened, Hosokawa said that… his stomach hurt. Matsuyama said that it was a waste if he never showed, but people have their own unique quirks and ticks… so there’s really nothing you can do but respect them for who they are.
Regarding .hack//G.U. TRILOGY and the Game
For the B’st segment in the movie, Matsuyama told Sakurai Takahiro (voice of Haseo) to sort of vomit the lines… Sakurai tried his best but… ended up not doing it. haha
Matsuyama wanted to sever some of Haseo’s limbs in the game, but Sony has a specific regulation against disembodiment. This why they managed to do it a little bit during the B’st segment in the movie (ie. Haseo’s leg is ripped off). Matsuyama continued to say that he is a bit fond of a degree of violence and dark stories.
The scene where Atoli appears before Haseo while he’s engulfed in flames during the B’st segment, Matsuyama said that this scene took the longest to get right–namely with Atoli. At one point she looked too ghostly.
The scene where Haseo and Ovan fight with their Avatars, he mentioned seemed a lot like Gundam. …maybe too much like Gundam.
The scene where Ovan’s glasses float momentarily in the air before disintegrating was apparently a huge laughing point for audiences in France. Generally speaking, audiences in Japan do not laugh at that moment… so it was a huge cultural shock for Matsuyama to experience so many people viewing that moment as comical. He said, “People are so insensitive!!”
Apparently, the female staff at CC2 had an issue with how Haseo & Atoli held hands at the end, saying it felt very awkward. Come to find out, the main motion animator working on the scene didn’t have a girlfriend at the time, so he didn’t know about those fine details. haha
Regarding the Up-coming LieN 10th Anniversary Concert & Live Event
The event will be split between live performances by LieN and recitation dramas by some of the G.U. cast.
The recitation dramas will consist of 8 parody mode dramas that take place after the previous set from Last Recode.
One drama will portray the final day of R:2, lasting 7.5 minutes.
Haseo & Atoli’s Embrase
※ I’m going from memory regarding these lines, so please keep that in mind.
Haseo: We are the same, you and I. Afraid of being hurt, frightened of sorrow. Even within our own minds, we avoid our true selves. It’s no wonder no one else really understands us. Atoli: Yeah… Haseo: Other people can’t determine our place in life–that’s for us to decide. Atoli: But, by doing that, we might hurt others… even ourselves. Haseo: Yeah. But, we’ll never find where we belong if we’re always afraid of being hurt. Atoli: Haseo-san. Haseo: Yeah? Atoli: I’m here. Haseo: Yeah. Atoli: I’ll always be here, seeing you for who you truly are.
▲ It was really nice hearing this dialogue, but I have to side with deleting it. The audience doesn’t need to know the details of what’s being said there–we can infer that on our own pretty well. I think it’s more emotional to let the vocals in the song take the spotlight and direct the emotion of the scene. Thoughts and emotions are just as easily conveyed in music as they are in words.
They also gave away a bunch if shikishi as lottery prizes. I got a cool one of Bordeaux by Oiji!
Earlier today our Discord server was hit with an attack of spambots flooding all the channels. Thanks to the help of you the community and our mod team, this inconvenience was quickly stifled. Remember, if you notice anything irregular or unacceptable, contact us immediately with the @mod or @admin tags in public or you may contact us directly in private. At this time, the ability for basic level users to create instant invites has been removed for added security. Rest assured the invites created by us the administration are still up and available and continue to bring new friends to this community.
Another day another Super Fan Friday. This time we have a special treat for everyone as we get to showcase the multi-talented and beautiful cosplayer smzeldarules!
Be sure to leave show some love and let her know what you think and be sure to check out her other cosplays!
Name: smzeldarules (pronounced "S.M. Zelda rules" / S.M.Z.R.)
Country: United States
Occupation: Graphic Designer
Hobbies: Cosplay, gaming, EDM
Dislikes: People who hate on Tabby from .hack//Roots / G.U.!
Favorite anime/cartoon/movie: anime - CLANNAD, cartoon -
Avatar: The Last Airbender, movie - Tommy Boy
Favorite game of all time: Chrono Trigger!
Favorite CC2 game of all time and why: .hack//Infection! So many nostalgic memories, and BlackRose was my first waifu and #1 dream cosplay. I'm so happy I get to cosplay her; I feel so empowered! (I also really love Wendee Lee in general!)
Best CC2 game memory: BlackRose confessing to Kite that the real reason she keeps playing The World is for her brother / the reveal of Kazu being her brother. So emotional! Even more heart-wrenching in the Another Birth novel! I ship Kite x BlackRose so hard too.
Hidden Talents: I used to DJ! Not so much anymore, since I got back into cosplay a few years ago. But maybe someday I will pick it back up.
Picture explanation: My BlackRose cosplay and Tabby cosplay! Both of them mean so much to me. I even made a Sakisaka costume for my boyfriend; more photos to come eventually for that! (I'm a huge Tabby x Sakisaka shipper) My Tabby photo was taken by ShadowFX Productions and edited by me.
My BlackRose photo was taken by Z is Eternal and edited by me.
Dream/Aspiration in the future: a full .hack//IMOQ group and full .hack//Roots group (Roots might actually happen this year though!)
You can find me on: facebook, twitter, Instagram, and twitch! Just search "smzeldarules"
Greetings dot hackers! Every Tuesday in our chatroom, we host a weekly trivia based on .hack// questions. Participation is easy and fun. All you need to do is head to our chatroom https://discord.gg/YkRJjQF and enter the #trivia channel on Tuesday's to play for fun or to play in the weekly challenge hosted by a member of the Elite Dothackers, a group of previous weekly challenge winners. And while you're there, check out our #schedule for other weekly events hosted every day! #dothack #dothackers #dothackgames #dothackgu #anime #games #discord #chat #chatroom
With Siegfre's update of the game being somewhat suspended and development slowed, I thought it would be fair to finally release some of the planned story and the ideas we had for progress throughout the game. I'll start with some of the cliff notes and an example of slightly more detail of one of the particular sections:
Story wise, the game was designed to have two separate stories. A main story line and a side story. This was to give the .hack feeling of a hidden layer of mystery on top of what the expected was from the game. For example in GU, there was an implanted story and lore within the quests for the "normal game" with the addition of everything that went wrong in the game.
The main storyline comprises of what MUST be done to continue throughout the game. Mainly by going through each town. It is impossible for example, to travel to Mu Hel without getting its crystal from beating Aqua Polis's Arc.
Main Storyline is comprised of 4 chapters.
True Sin Chapter (comprised of the last two Root Towns).
Although its untrue, in game's logic, True Sin is the ultimate boss and protagonist of the game. Beating him in a sense, beats the game.
So here is the chapters, which I separated by town and a little update on their status.
- Aqua Polis, being located on an island of great riches, used its imports to hold power over the other kingdoms despite its small size.
During the Chaos War the city was attacked by Sin's Wrath. However eventually with the aid of others, the city was restored.
- Later the city for unknown reasons was flooded, destroying the city. Aqua Polis is now being rebuilt as a small town.
- Aqua Polis is the starting point of the game.
- The Chaos Gate is broken to travel to other areas outside the island and must be fixed.
Side Arc (Claws Arc)
- A goofy arc of the hopeless plot of Nick Claws to rule The World. At first Nick Claws appears to be a happy and kind Mayor trying to restore Aqua Polis of what it once was. Children go missing and you are sent to check it out. It turns out as you continue the quest Nick Claws has been working with the Goblins to destroy The World with an ancient ritual that involves sacrificing children. This was attempted before but backfired, which caused the flood that destroyed Aqua Polis many years ago.
YES. An evil Santa Claws is hell bent on destroying the world with little elves (goblins) by sacrficing children.
You fight Claws, as your first main boss that summons minions, and you save the children. You also gain a crystal fragment of Mu Hel.
Nick Claws - Mayor of Aqua Polis with a long history of trying to rule the world. Goofy and horrible about being evil. Evil Santa Claus because my childhood was strange.
Mu Hel City
- Located on floating rocks within the mountain ranges of Mu Hel.
- Neko races homeland and origin.
- Nekos created a device to create some mountain tops to break off and float above the sky, keeping them safe.
- Despite history, the reality is an experiment backfired and de-evolved the Neko.
- Arrive from Aqua Polis to Mu Hel.
- Neko are currently everywhere as small cats, especially near a ranch where you can gain a mount after raising one.
- Home of the Rune Gun.
Side Arc (Neko Arc)
- The technology that is keeping the city afloat is failing. The player must work with Professor String (secretly an advanced Neko) to fix it. After going through several quests and gaining a mount, you work together to discover another advanced Neko, String's brother Yarn, who not only was the cause of De-evolving the Neko, but trying to destroy the City as well. You defeat him, as well as a mind controlled Dragon and save the city. After freeing the Dragon from Yarn, the dragon gives you a crystal to the next town.
- Professor String- Secretly an advanced Neko who was, along with his brother Yarn, caused the De-evolution of the Neko. Being tricked by his brother to do so, Professor String is doing what he can to fix what he has done.
- Professor Yarn- The evil brother of String who tricked String into causing the De-evolution of the Neko. Tries to destroy the city by taking key parts of the generators that keep it afloat. His evil is composed by his religious belief in the Neko God Dolly, a spiteful creature that wont allow anyone to be more powerful then her.
- Dragon - No name yet. Gets captured by Yarn and is mind controled into doing his bidding.
*Note: Opening up future possibilities to playing with the Neko's past. Time Travel and what not. Lia Fail
- Lia Fail was the capital of Auroum (or w.e I named it in Chaos War).
- Lia Fail was actually fated to Darkness due to Lore. One of the few times the story is accurate.
- Lia Fail is the biggest City in the game.
-Lia Fail has access to the Arena and other things.
- Lia Fail has a temple
Lia Fail's Arc
- By traveling to Aura's temple you meet the head priest there. The Darkness around Lia Fail is getting thicker and if it is not stopped the city will be consumed. You are sent to recover ancient artifacts of the temple before it was destroyed that are located within one of the strongest Orc Fortresses (that you discover after finding a few Orc Outposts). There you fight the Orc Leader and recover the artifacts. Before you do though, the Deity Morgaan reviles herself and taunts you, saying that the artifacts wont hold forever. You return to the priest and save the city. You discover that one of the artifacts is a crystal to Biramha Stronghold.
-EDIT. I want to add Raven and the Arena into the story. Raven will turn out to gain his power from the diety Morgaan by the raven on his shoulder.
*Note- I am opening up apart of the Undying Arc in the future, where at one part you must Free Adonis. Of course Graves will be defeated by then so you must go after his deity Morgaan to find his location and free him.
- Was created to keep the monsters residing on the island away from the rest of The World.
- Is commanded by Auraom when it was still a Kingdom and run by it's old military, which still remains to this day despite the kingdom being distorted.
- Is run by the...Phoenix Knights I think we called them?
- Leader is General __, a red haired female
- PvE sieges are here that tie in with the story.
True Sin Arc
- You are accidentally sent to B. Stronghold instead of Arboros. Due to a lack of supplies because of the constant hordes of monster invasions, ability to travel to Arboros is impossible. You show your worth during an invasion and become enlisted by the Phoenix Knights. After a few missions you rise up the ranks and get noticed by General Redstreak herself.
There is great concern by the recent activity of the Monsters as well as their more coordinated movements. You are dispatched as General Redstreak's guard to discover what is going on.
Eventually you are lead into Sin's Tower, and traveling deeper into it discover The True Sin is being revived. You try and stop the ritual and kill The True Sin's commander (who's turns out to be a Dawn Soldier), believing to put a stop to it. The True Sin recovers regardless and easily pushes you aside. General __ commands you to travel to Arboros and talk to the YingYang Twins, throwing her personal transport crystal at you.
You leave with General __ trying to hold off The True Sin.
General Redstreak - Female Leader of the Phoenix Knights.
??? - Captian under General __. Turns out to be a Sin general in disguise who revives The One Sin.
- Home of the most powerful magical secrets within The World
- Located in dense forests, constantly being attacked by Imps
- The Town is split apart by Warlocks and Clerics, their leaders being the brother and sister Ying and Yang.
True Sin Arc continued
-You travel to Arboros and search for Ying and Yang. At first both refuse to aid you due to their petty fight of which magic is more powerful. The rise of Imp attacks make them discover the real threat of The One Sin's return and they agree to help. You must travel to previous cities and go on several quests to recover seals of both magics so that Ying and Yang can create the ultimate seal that trapped The One Sin before. Each seal you recover reviles a flashback of the past.
You discover that Ying and Yang were the only survivors of The Chaos War's advanced party that defeated The True Sin last time. You also discover that they had to seal Karel Redstreak as well, in order to keep The True Sin still long enough for the seal chant to finish. Over time Karel was influenced by The True Sin and became warped, becoming The True Sin himself.
You travel back to Sin's Tower and face off against The True Sin after seeing General Redstreak being held hostage.
You and your party defeat and seal The True Sin once again.
This is the optional but far more interesting story. This is the story that we've been plotting for a long time, with the phases, Graves, Aura, and Luna.
This story goes on the more mythical part of the world, going into gods and goddesses, unlike the main story which was all concret.
This is also less spoon fed to the players then the main story. This is also not broken up by root towns or by various chapters that have nothing to do with one another. You start the storyline and finish the same storyline by endgame.
A reminder of the basics:
Graves is trying to revive Luna to restore his powers.
Graves is using the phases he created by extorting their powerful emotions. Phases believe they're taking over The World.
Phases are looking for something that is needed to revive Luna
Despite efforts, Luna is revived and kills Graves out of Anger.
- Phases are always split up in pairs
- Usually but not always, Phases are fought one at a time (one per mission). Exception would be for example killing one phase, and then the other attacking for revenge.
- Apathy, the little girl, will finally learn the value of love and friendship. She will be killed by Panic.
- Phases have two forms. Regular player and then Phase form. Exception is Graves who will have an extra form or two, as he is a god.
- Somehow Aura will be summoned to stop Luna from just killing the players after she kills Graves.
As the backround lore shows, Luna was sealed away and Graves was forced into Human form.
Although not revealed yet, Graves gathers the phases, granting them powers and promise of taking over The World. However its really to release Luna and put him back to full strength.
The phases are looking for pieces of a Plate with 3 Orb Slots. Put together they create a power to break the seal.
The story starts off with meeting a Samurai NPC (named Keramory for now). He has in his armor the plate with the slots. You do a few quests with him gathering treasure. Eventually Keramory and yourself are ambushed by two Phase members. After a quick duel you are defeated. Keramory holds off his own but is then ambushed by the other phase and his arm is cut off...the plate being ripped off his armor.
The story then goes from trying to stop the Phases from gathering the Orbs to complete the Seal break. Through alot of conflict, eventually the phases gather the orbs (Graves getting the last one, the rest dying in the process slowly one by one). Graves battles the players while the Seal is weakning and at the end Luna is released, Graves being trapped by Lunas wrath.
For the Alpha and Beta...I think we were set on only Aqua Polis being released (with obviously the fields).
As such I'd suggest we grant full Main Story to the end of the Claws Arc, and only the first section of the Phase Arc (when "The Samurai" get's lynched by Fury). This way we can excite people for the phase arc, not worry TOO much about the development of the story...as the Claws Arc is light and goofy. This and we can add a few small quests.
First I purpose we add an introduction through Ultimite in the same way they introduce the game in IMOQ/GU with Altimit. Step's go as follows:
-Popup as soon as Ultimate loads for Login
- First time Login, popup along the lines of "Welcome to The World! We would encourage all users to first check their emails for updates! We also see you already have a new message! Someone is popular already!". This forces the user to check their messages and cannot login to the game until they do. If they try a message comes along the lines of "Don't ignore your fan base already! Go check your messages and see who wanted to say hello!".
- Check the message and its from an NPC which says along the lines of:
Subject: Hello there!
"I see you recently registered to become a new adventurer within The World! This is great we need all the support we can get over here! After you're done sight seeing come pay me a visit! I'll be at the town square when you arrive in town. The Boat will leave quickly so hurry up and log in! Attached is a picture of my amazing self so you know who to look for. Try to last with just this selfie until you arrive!"
(I don't know how I feel about this, I envisioned the story to never give context to the story to more or less break the 4th wall).
-After checking your email you can login to the game.
- Create your character and class. Details should go into another thread of character customization
- This part can go two ways, but either way I want a cutscene to show the town (with "city hall"), ocean, boats, and maybe the island castle (for arena champions) in the distance.
Option A: The player arrives to Aqua Polis from a boat. This is my prefered option because without it, we cannot explain why the chaos gate is broken or not powered enough for long distance travel (cant travel to other root towns).
Option B: The player arrives to Aqua Polis through the Chaos Gate. We just don't explain [censored].
- Either option will lock the player in town until they talk to the NPC from the email. If they arrive through a boat an npc or two will explain to explore areas and what not. Most NPC's in the town are helpful with information on buildings and shops.
Main Storyline For full NPC conversation and quests, refer to the correct thread. This is just an outline to discuss. Remember that the Storyline Revolves around Mayor Claws trying to flood the town to make it a water park. He has happy little goblin elves he enslaves to do his bidding.
- Meet with the NPC from the email. He discusses with you the town. He tells you he needs a lacky to help him carry the treasure from a dungeon by the request of the Mayor.
- Meet him at the Chaos Gate and he explains the gate to you.
- Chaos Gate pops up. You need to either go to the premade map combination option or put it in manually, depending on how we do it. If you choose another option you're rejected and the NPC tells you the correct words to put in.
- The Map is *INSTANCED*. You will not meet other players on it. To ensure bullying doesnt happen and makes it easier to use NPC's with you. You meet the NPC at the field and he goes over the games basics.
- You add him to your party and a monster comes after you, and you defeat it.
- Travel through the dungeon with some funny comentary from the NPC such as "You went the wrong way!" or "I shouldn't let you navigate anymore...". Hit the chest for cutscene. You get the treasure. You see a goblin in an elf like hat peeking through the corner as you two warp out.
- After talking to the NPC near the chaos gate he runs off after, thus opening the chaos gate for free use. He advises you to check the quest store for jobs and tells you to see him again when you're strong enough for a real job.
Second Section - Must be Level 5.
- Again you're free to do what you want at this point. If you want to progress in the story though you have to talk to the NPC again.
- You're told to talk to another NPC for a discription of the next treasure to find. You find out there are two possible locations to the treasure. You go back to the starter NPC and he suggests to split up.
- You travel to the dungeon. More goblins and other monsters. Rarely you'll encounter a goblin in a elf hat and he'll run away.
- You get the treasure and return to the starter npc.
Third Section - Level 10
- You talk to the NPC and he tells you that you need to travel to city hall and talk to the Mayor himself.
- Travel to City Hall and meet Mayor Claws. He tells you he is proud of your work and you see a few elf goblins. He tells you about how his little helpers have been watching you. He tells you about how you've been gathering pieces to a technology to protect the town from goblins. He asks you find the last piece.
- The starter NPC brings up that a number of children have gone missing. Mayor Claws states not to worry about that but the starter NPC insists. Mayor Claws loses his cool for a second then tells the starter NPC to investigate pretending to be concerned.
- You travel to the dungeon and get the last piece after fighting a mini boss. When you grab the final treasure you return to City Hall.
- Mayor Claws congratulates you while the starter NPC states he had a lead on who has been kidnapping children and will continue investigating. Claws drops the treasure and blames you and tells you to leave.
- You go to the offical for your reward. She tells you to come back when he's cooled off.
Fourth Section - Level 15
- You talk to the offical and she tells you to go into Mayor Claws office.
- You come in and he does an evil laugh over his desk without noticing you and tries to cover up what he's doing. He tells you he needs the energy source for the device because /you/ broke the generator for the piece. He tells you that his goblin elf will accompany you so nothing happens again. He whispers something to the elf evily.
- You go to the dungeon and again...mini boss. Get the treasure and the goblin elf knocks you out from behind. You wake up and Evil Claws is laughing and tells you his grand scheme of destroying the town with a flood like before to build a water park, putting the town on the map.
He explains he only needs to wait for the moon to be full to use the device, sacrificing the children to flood the town. He leaves you to his minions.
- You fight countless minions before starter NPC saves you. He tells you he found out its Claws stealing children and you need to regroup.
- You meet starter NPC in town and he tells you Mayor Claws is gone. He'll search for clues while you prepare.
Last Section - Level 20
- You meet starter NPC and he was told he has an informent who will divulge the location of Claws. You must go alone while he searches for other leads.
- You go to the dungeon and in the boss room is a goblin elf about to tell you the secrets. Then a goblin elf comes in and summons a boss. You defeat him and the goblin elf tells you the location of Mayor Claws.
- You travel to the lost ground and go into the instance (a basement under) with the starter NPC. You find Mayor Claws and tied up children. He states that this water park is just the begining, he will flood the world and then make water parks everywhere. Starter NPC explains that if he sacrifices all the children, no one will be there to go to his water parks. Mayor Claws is stunned then gets angry and attacks. You beat him and his minions and save the children.
- Starter NPC meets you back at the City Hall and becomes the new Mayor. He gives you the power crystal from the treasure telling you he is going to destroy the device once and for all. He tells you to use the crystal on the gate to travel to the next city.
End of Claws Arc. You cannot travel to Theta in Beta. Popup will state such.
Side Storyline For full NPC conversation and quests, refer to the correct thread. This is just an outline to discuss.
That's it for now.
As for how far we mapped it out? An expansion after the main game focusing on Adonis. The main game would give you the fall of Graves and a brief sight of the Goddesses themselves... then we'd slowly show them more and more with Adonis and after.
As for how detailed we made the quests? We had the first parts completely dialoged out. Looking for actually as I cant seem to find it >.>
In very short, the main was going to have a very light silly tone at the start and slowly get somewhat darker as it went on.
The side story though was going to be very dark. Very, horribly dark. We were planning the scenes/sounds/situations in which we wanted people to flat out cry at say Apathy's death. One of the greatest moments in gaming or anime I've personally experienced was watching or playing through similar situations. The was definitely one aspect we wanted to re create.
After a very very long break, we're back with another Super Fan Friday and we're very happy to bring you Felipe from Chile.
It truly makes us happy to have such a global and culturally diverse family of support. Do you like his collection? Show Felipe some love
Name: Felipe Sibila
Country: from Chile, but living Germany
Hobbies: Writing, reading, playing videogames
Dislikes: Romantic Movies, red wine
Favorite movie: Coraline
Favorite game of all time: Chrono Cross
Favorite CC2 game of all time and why: .hack series, because it has a lot of background history and I love that
Best CC2 game memory: finding out that Sakubo had Multiple Personalities, It was sad but an amazing development
Hidden Talents: I can sleep in noisy places and sleep anywhere and everywhere!
Picture Explanation: I started to make a collection of the .hack series when I arrived in Germany, because in Chile it was quite difficult, it´s not complete but i´m proud of my small collection
Dream/Aspiration in the future: I want to become a writer and to work in development of video games (like Jane Jensen)
Right now on Steam you can either get .hack//G.U. Last Recode 30% off for $34.99 or you can download a free demo! #dothack #dothackgames #dothackgu #lastrecode #steam #videogame #sale #demo #BandaiNamco #CyberConnect2 #CC2