Dothack Network
Sign in to follow this  
Azar0n

Team Canard, help me

Hello,
I'm new in the world, so be gentle. I discover hack with hack sign there is few years but I did not know that the hack universe was so big  (I didn't understand anything when i watch it XD). But i am seriously interested in hack universe after my discover of the game hack GU on PS4. I follow youtube channel of Rekka Alexiel because i'm fan ok work of yoko taro and i follow her for had info on nier automata. And she made me discover this remake of hack. I watch hack root during the wait of the shipment and i currently play the game (i'm in the volume 1). I just bought hack cell, hack GU in novel (just the tome 1 for the moment), the ost of hack sign, the box of hack sign with 5 figures. I am a newbie but i have the sensation that this serie is for me. I'm just sad that i can't play the first quadrilogie because i don't have ps2.
You advise me to wait for the a remake or buy them on ps2 ? I hesitate buy a ps2 just for this games...(and drakengard 1)
I can't understant all the magnificience of hack serie if i don't play has all the games.

Don't PK me please.

• Like 1

Aloha @Azar0n!

I highly believe CC2 and BandaiNamco won't remaster or remake the IMOQ quadrilogy so your best bet is to play them on the PS2. The 4th will prove to be rare and expensive, so you may have to play it through "alternative" means sadly.

• Like 1

I will buy a ps2 in this case (it must not be very expensive anyway).
"The 4th will prove to be rare and expensive", I always have what i want.
Before that i profit the 4 volumes of GU.

If you can advisor me on the cd music who have the best tracks of .hack i would thank you. I have the first cd of hack sign, just that. I don't know what to buy in first for the best enjoyment.

On 2/24/2018 at 6:23 AM, Azar0n said:

I will buy a ps2 in this case (it must not be very expensive anyway).
"The 4th will prove to be rare and expensive", I always have what i want.
Before that i profit the 4 volumes of GU.

If you can advisor me on the cd music who have the best tracks of .hack i would thank you. I have the first cd of hack sign, just that. I don't know what to buy in first for the best enjoyment.

The old .hack//IMOQ series (Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarantine) can each be found on sites like Ebay. Though, they have skyrocketed in price. Unfortunately, as Erroneous has said, this is really the only easily available means to play the older games. Though, like others, I hold out hope for a remastered version of them even if they most likely never will do so. If you buy a PS2, I would suggest steering clear of the slim version and get the original model. I've found them to be far more durable. The only downside I've found is they take up more space. 

Some soundtracks you can find here and I believe here. Hope this helps. Welcome to the .hack community. :)

Guest Alkalime

If you have a PS4 firmware 4.05 or 4.55 you can hack it and install the IMOQ games to the PS2 emulator and play that way too.

It may be easier to pick up the PAL (European) versions of IMOQ considering that Quarantine at the very least can be bought for £50 or so compared to £130 for the US version ^^'

That or find a friend/family member you can borrow the games off of or play round at xD