The Playstation 2 video game .hack//fragment which was only released in Japan only on November 22nd 2005 had an online feature where players could connect to each other assuming you had the network disc along with the network adapter for the fat PS2 or a PS2 slim.
The PS2 game connected to a static IP at j5q.channel.or.jp, which was discontinued a little over a year after the game's launch (11/23/2005 - 01/18/2007). A new dedicated IP is available currently today August 2020, and has been since 2016.
Get the necessary files and setup guide here.
If you wish to join me someday, you can! Follow these instructions.
1. Get the original game however so you may choose. eBay always has one listed around $15 to $25.
2. Get the PS2 network adapter disc image.
3. Get the emulator PCSX2 or soft/hard mod your PS2 to play region locked games and run ELF files.
4. Get CLR_DEV9 plugin if you choose the PSCX2 route to connect your emulator to the internet.
5. Finally, get and run 1UP's .ELF file patcher every time you play.
Few things to remember, yes you can use your PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One controllers on the PCSX2 emulator and I encourage you to do so. And finally, if you done all the steps, press triangle when you enter lobby server and choose the first option to see a list of available area servers to connect to.
If you wish to organize a party, join the Fragment Resurgence discord.
If you wish to talk to us and everything dothack, join our official Dothack Network discord server.
Check out our other .hack//fragment videos.
Want more Dothack Network? Join us on our social media!
#ドットハック #dothack #dothackfragment #hackfragment #fragment #ps2 #playstation2 #pcsx2 #rpg #jprg #mmorpg #cc2 #cyberconnect2 #bandainamco #bandainamcous #dothackimoq #dothackmmo #dothackonline #areaserver #lobbyserver