Sign in to follow this  
Daikonran

Changing .hack//Infection PC Class Mod

Hello everyone.  I'm not sure if many of you remember me, I used to be quite active on Iridiumbased and a Moderator on Dimension Corp.  I was going through old documents on my external hard drive and located a tutorial I had created in the past on how to modify Kite's class, model, nameplate, and animations in .hack//infection, however I realized that this probably wasn't posted anywhere anymore.  Thus I figured I would post it on this site, so it is available for anyone who would like to play through the game in a different way than in the past and so my effort was not wasted.  If you have any questions you can leave them in this post, though I am unsure if I will be able to answer them fully anymore since it has been so long since I made this tutorial.  Enjoy

heavyblade.png.07bad9f3684b2eaec49db984ce45ca8e.png

Well guys I'm gonna try my best to explain how to do this.  This is my first guide for modding.  I also wanted to say thanks to Aryth and Pieohpah for helping me with the pnach files and to Xu Yuan who's thread is how I learned to do this.  So first you need to  decide what do you wanna do.  Here are your two options (If you wanna do the second you have to do the first if you're switching to a different class):

Change Kites Class: This will change his class, the weapon you are currently equipping will change to the weapon of the class you changed it to.  You will now be able to equip that classes armor and weapons, and learn their skills.  The weapons all fit nicely in Kite's hand and do not look awkward.  However when fighting monsters Kite will still use the weapons as if they are twin blade and have twinblade animations.  This however is as simple as downloading the files I provide.

Model/Animation/Nameplate:  These are three changes that I think make it more enjoyable playing another class.You must change both the models and animations for it to work, but you don't need to change nameplate.  So to have Kite attack like the class he is you must change both the animation and the model.

1. Kites Class
Files you need
pcsx2: http://pcsx2.net/download.html
Classes: http://www.mediafire.com/?s81jxm7fhd8md8a

This is rather simple.  For this to work you must be using pcsx2, I will not provide where you to get the Bios for the emulator or the iso file for the game.  If you actually own a ps2 and the game, you will have no problem acquiring these files.  So after you have pcsx2 set up and the class files downloaded, extract the .rar to your desktop.  It will create a Classes folder with 5 folders in it.  Each folder has a .pnach in it, one for each class, it's not hard to figure out which is which.  Take the one you want and move it into your C:/ProgramFiles/PCSX2/Cheats.  Afterwards load up pcsx2.  On the top menu bar hit hit System, and then check Enable Cheats.  That's it, when you load up the game you will be the class you changed it to.  Do not put more than one of those .pnachs in your cheats at once.  Only one can load at a time.  Also it highly suggested you start a new file, or equip armor that has no skills attached to it beforehand.  This is because the skills you currently have will stick when you change classes and you will permanently have those twinblade moves and whatever spells you had.  This does not change your stat progression.  So running as a WaveMaster will be difficult SP wise, as you will still be leveling up your stats as if you were a twinblade.  Changing that is more complex and I can't do that yet but I'm looking into it.

2.Advance Modifications
Files you need:
HxD: http://download.cnet.com/HxD-Hex-Editor/3000-2352_4-10891068.html

Models

Okay we are gonna go through this step by step.  I'm going to start with the PC Model, then the Name Plate and finally the Animations.  The reason for this is because you cannot apply animations without changing the PC Model first.
   So Install HxD Editor from that link, it's free and easy to use.  Once installed, find the location of your dot hack infection iso.  Load HxD and open the iso in it.  So now you hit ctrl G.  In it type “13CAC80”.  One there you should see this, without the red boxes.

model.png.c3a9e5fa637e7c3c44b7252541ded361.png

The red boxes are the codes you are going to want to replace.  Here is a List of the different models, credits for finding them go to Xu Yuan.

Kite -D0 E6 40 00/ D8 E6 40 00

Mia - E8 E6 40 00/ F0 E6 40 00

Orca - 00 E7 40 00/ 08 E7 40 00

Marlo - 18 E7 40 00/ 20 E7 40 00

Sanjuro - 30 E7 40 00/ 38 E7 40 00

Nuke Usagimaru - 48 E7 40 00/ 58 E7 40 00

Balmung - 68 E7 40 00/ 70 E7 40 00

Moonstone - 80 E7 40 00/ 90 E7 40 00

Piros - A0 E7 40 00/ A8 E7 40 00

Wiseman - B8 E7 40 00/ C0 E7 40 00

Elk - D0 E7 40 00/ D8 E7 40 00

Natsume - E8 E7 40 00/ F0 E7 40 00

Rachel - 00 E8 40 00/ 08 E8 40 00

Gardenia - 18 E8 40 00/ 28 E8 40 00

Terajima Ryoko - 38 E8 40 00/ 48 E8 40 00

BlackRose - 58 E8 40 00./ 68 E8 40 00

Mistral 78 E8 40 00 / 80 E8 40 00

Helba - 90 E8 40 00/ 98 E8 40 00

*Even though some of these characters are not in Infection, their models and animations were already created and packaged in Infection.   So you can use them in infection

So just sub in the code for the model you want Kite to be and then hit save.  You'll notice all the codes are XX XX 40 00 XX XX 40 00.  Do not change the “40”s or the “00”s.  After saving, run the game as normal and your model will be change.

Name Plate

The Nameplate is the next thing we will alter and it is very simple.  The nameplate is the image by your health bar.  Without changing this, even though your model and class are changed you will still see Kite's face.  This will fix that.  Again open the iso in HxD.  Once loaded hit ctrl G again and put in “1716E00”.  This will take you to this code line.

Nameplate.png.ba3d00174ce38148481d9ac388002739.png

The red box is the number you want to change.  You'll notice it is in text and not the hex.  This is fine, you can edit it the same way you edited the hex.  So change the number to one of these codes, again credited to Xu Yuan for finding them.  

f00 - Kite
f01 - Mia
f02 - Orca
f03 - Marlo
f04 - Sanjuro
f05 - Nuke Usagimaru -
f06 - Balmung
f07 - Moonstone
f08 - Piros
f09 - Wiseman
f10 - Elk
f11 - Natsume
f12- Rachel
f13- Gardenia
f14 - Terajima Ryoko
f15 - BlackRose
f16- Mistral
f17 - Helba

*Even though some of these characters are not in Infection, their models, name plates and animations were already created and packaged in Infection.   So you can use them in infection

After changing that, saving and reloading, you will have the name plate of the ones you entered.

Animations

So now it's time to change the animations.  This requires a bit more editing then the rest of the modifications.  Once more, load the iso in HxD.  Hit ctrl G and put in “1726560”.   This is part of the code, well the end of it, it goes up to the offset number we put in “1726560”.

animation.png.97d76f60cf108a89475ba28f0d4e0b9e.png

What we want to do here is find everywhere it says “tu1” and replace it with the code we want.  You will see I squared out a few of them in red in the image (ignore the blue squares, that'll be addressed farther below), I did not square all of them though, you must change all of them, from “1726560” down..  That is EXCEPT “ANM_ctu1hac4b”.  That one needs to be edited a bit more than just subbing in for tu1 (you will need to change “ctu1latc0” below it the same way you changed the others).  I isolated where the one you need to change more extensively in between two red lines in the image so there is no confusion.  The reason for this is no other character has a gate hacking animation so it will not work.  You NEED to change “ANM_ctu1hac4b” to something like “anm_cXXXdwn0”.  This should fix any issue with that.  The XXX would be subbed for the animations you using for everything else you substituted for “tu1”.  There is an optional part you may way to do if you are are changing to a wave master, they are suppose to have 2 more magic animations instead of 3 skills animations.  So if you wanted to do this look back up at the image at the blue boxes.  You would want to change them from Ski2, Ski3, Ski4 to Mag1, Mag2, and Mag3.  This will change it to the magic animations, one of your animations will be a repeat of a prior one (Mag1) but it will correct this issue so you have more animations.  Here are the animations codes you will want to sub in for tu1:

Twin Blade

tu1 - Kite Animations

tu2 – Natsume Animations

*tu3- Moonstone Animations (this is a guess of moonstone's, may not be his)

Blade Master

bu1 – Balmung Animations

bu2 – Marlo Animations

bu3 – Mia Animations

bu4 – Orca Animations

bu5 – Rachel

Heavy Blade

hb1 – BlackRose Animations

hb2 – Sanjuro Animations

Heavy Axe

ha1 – Piros Animations

ha2 – Terajima Ryoko Animations

Long Arm

la1 – Nuke Usagimaru

la2 – Gardernia

WaveMaster

wm1 – Elk

wm2 – Helba

wm3 – Wiseman

wm4 – Mistral

*Even though some of these characters are not in Infection, their models and animations were already created and packaged in Infection.  So you can use them in infection

Conclusion:
 Well I hope I explained this well, if not I'm sorry.  If you have questions just post here and I'll try to assist you.  Just a little forewarning, I have not tested each individual model, animation, and nameplate out.  I have successfully changed all three in my iso to BlackRose and it all worked.  Also, I do not know the compatibility of these modifications with the next games.  I would think that you can just modify the next games iso like we did this.  The class pnachs will not be compatible.  The other thing to be noted is that the voices will not change.  Your character's voice will still be Kite's no matter who you changed your PC model,nameplate, class, or animation to.  This does mean that abilities kite could never use before will not have the proper voice acting on it.  It's small in the relative scheme of things, considering the story line is the same which means you are still Kite, you would have just designed a different character and different class in character customization.   In the future I'll add more to this, wanna figure out the stat distribution for each class on leveling up and possibly look into the voice situation.  Well that's it, enjoy!

****Side Note:  I'm testing wavemaster out now with elk model and animations.  Something I noticed and this will be the same for any model switch, in the beginning when you are suppose to be green Kite you will be a shiny blue version of the model you chose.  This fixes when Kite's color changes, and also the nameplate will display the wrong nameplate during creation but once you get past the same part as the color it fixes it.

*****Here is a short video displaying all four mods at once.  I just go to a random field and kill a few monsters as a wave master.